Thu, Dec 07|
Ralph Thornton Community Centre
Responsible Consumerism Around the Holidays
Join CEP Toronto in learning about how to be a responsible consumer this holiday season! Our event will include a speaker panel of local sustainable business owners and feature questions around how to be a responsible consumer and how to be more eco-conscious in our purchasing decisions.
Time & Location
Dec 07, 2023, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Ralph Thornton Community Centre, 765 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M4M 1H3, Canada
About The Event
Connecting Environmental Professionals (CEP) Toronto is hosting an event on December 7th from 6:30pm-8:30pm at the Ralph Thornton Community Centre called “Responsible Consumerism Around the Holidays”.
Our event will include a speaker panel of local sustainable business owners and feature questions around how to be a responsible consumer and how to be more eco-conscious in our purchasing decisions. After our speakers share their knowledge, you will have the opportunity to meet each speaker and engage in meaningful conversations about the topics at hand. In addition, some speakers will have a shopping table where you can purchase items discussed and start holiday shopping in a responsible way!
Tracey TieF, Anarres Natural Health
- Anarres Natural Health's mission is to educate people about natural, healthy, fairly traded, and local botanical ingredients, and how to use these to create affordable, wholesome and effective body care. To this end Anarres offers mini, intro and full-day workshops, Aromatherapy Certification and Apprenticeships, and retail and wholesale healthy, ethical ingredients and products online and in-studio. Holistic health does not mean merely the health of our individual minds, bodies and spirits, but also the health of the Earth and all its Beings.
- Tracey TieF is a Certified Natural Health Practitioner who offers handmade natural cosmetics, aromatherapy and cosmetic making supplies with organic ingredients, 500+ ethically sourced essential oils. She also offers clays, oils, micas, packaging and housewares that are alternatives to plastics, and other Earth and people-friendly goodies.
Abeda Oturkar, Paper Spree
- PaperSpree launched in 2020 to bring plastic-free, zero-waste accessories, Christmas decor, gifts & stationery making recycle-reuse-reduce a lifestyle priority.
- Abeda Oturkar is a social entrepreneur who walks the talk of “putting people and the planet first” in the consumer supply chain. For 15 years she worked in sustainable food healing, teaching nourishment as a culinary educator and farm-to-table catering. Since the increase of unsustainable consumerism, in 2018 she started working with certified makers, and partners to bring affordable and accessible eco-friendly solutions to B2B markets. With a conscious vision to work only in a Circular Economy, addressing the UN Sustainable Development Goals 2030 and market products certified by Global Recycle Standard and Sedex's Ethical Sustainable business.
Shivani Gupta, Eco Brown Box
- Shopping for personal care and home care should be a purely joyful experience. We at EcoBrownBox use an earth-centred and wellness-centred approach. We are committed to providing toxin-free products made from all-natural and simple ingredients so that you can shop with peace of mind that everything we make is safe and good for you, your family, your home, and the planet.
- Shivani Gupta is a dynamic entrepreneur and dedicated zero waste consultant hailing from India. With a background in HR roles at multinational corporations, Shivani's extensive travels exposed her to diverse cultures, shaping her professional journey. Driven by a personal mission, Shivani ventured into sustainable and healthy living when her mother was diagnosed with psoriasis. Shocked by the myriad of chemicals in skincare products, she delved into Ayurveda at the age of 14, laying the foundation for her commitment to natural and holistic health. Her vision is clear: a world where eco-conscious living is not a luxury but a way of life.
- Ticket type
Regular TicketPricePay what you want